I am a graduate student in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA. My research interests are in communication, sensing and computing and in utilising the knowledge of physics to advance these fields to overcome the limitations of traditional methods. I currently work on nonlinear optics experiments under the supervision of Dr. Franco Wong in the Optical and Quantum Communications Group at the Research Laboratory of Electronics.
My side interests include travelling, environmental protection, photography, astronomy, linguistics, tea, (vegetarian) food, traditional and classical music, piano and violin, cycling, hiking rainforests and mountains, badminton and table tennis. I also enjoy participating/volunteering in the activites of a number of local activity groups, including:
Other groups whose activities I frequently attend but have not made any significant contributions to:
- 2011-Sep-16 D. Venkatraman, N. D. Hardy, F. N. C. Wong, J. H. Shapiro. Classical far-field phase-sensitive ghost imaging. Optics Letters, Vol. 36, Issue 18, pp. 3684-3686 (2011).
- 2011-May-04 D. Venkatraman, N. D. Hardy, F. N. C. Wong, J. H. Shapiro. Experimental Implementation of Classical Far-Field Phase-Sensitive Ghost Imaging. Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, session CWH3.
- 2010-Apr-01 Julien Le Gouët, Dheera Venkatraman, Franco N. C. Wong, and Jeffrey H. Shapiro. Experimental realization of phase-conjugate optical coherence tomography. Optics Letters, Vol. 35, Issue 7, pp. 1001-1003 (2010).
- 2009-May-31 Julien Le Gouët, Dheera Venkatraman, Franco N. C. Wong, and Jeffrey H. Shapiro. Phase-Conjugate Optical Coherence Tomography in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/International Quantum Electronics Conference, paper IPDB7.
- 2009-Sep-28 Julien Le Gouët, Dheera Venkatraman, Franco N. C. Wong, and Jeffrey H. Shapiro. Classical low-coherence interferometry based on broadband fluorescence and amplification. Optics Express, Vol. 17, Issue 20, pp. 17874-17887 (2009).
In the news
Copyright ©2012 Dheera Venkatraman. With the exception of those containing recognisable faces or trademarks, photographs on this website may be freely used with attribution and in accordance with the CC-BY-SA 3.0
license. For high-resolution originals or other questions please contact